Dr Michelle Gannon and Dr Sam Jinich
will be leading their Couples Workshop:
Hold Me Tight Workshop
at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco
The Firehouse at Fort Mason Center
Fort Mason Center is located on a historic waterfront campus. Fort Mason Center is a gathering place for thought provoking programs, workshops, events and entertainment. Fort Mason Center is located in the piers and buildings of Lower Fort Mason and world famous landmarks nearby include Alcatraz Island, Muir Woods National Monument, the Presidio of San Francisco, the Marin Headlands, Cliff House, Fort Point National Historic Site, and Greens Restaurant.
Located between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge on San Francisco Bay, Fort Mason Center offers parking for a fee and easy access by MUNI and BART and taxis.
The entrance to Fort Mason Center is at the intersection of Marina Boulevard and Buchanan Street, in the Marina district.
Dates Available at Fort Mason Center, San Francisco
November 4-5, 2017
Dates Available at The Lodge at Tiburon
April 1-2, 2017
July 8-9, 2017
September 9-10, 2017
We will meet from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Coffee and tea will be provided. Meals are on your own. There are several restaurants and cafes within walking distance (Greens, Goody’s Cafe, Interval Bar, Cafe and Museum and Cooks).
You can also bring your own snacks, drinks and lunch. There is usually a lovely Farmer’s Market on Sundays at Fort Mason Center too.
If you would like hotel recommendations, we suggest you look at yelp.com or contact us for more suggestions.
Many couples decide to attend the Hold Me Tight Workshop to acknowledge their anniversary, birthdays or special occassions or just to focus on their relationship. The San Francisco Marina is a wonderful place to visit each day or spend the weekend with your partner.
We welcome ALL couples:
- Couples who want to improve and enhance their relationships.
- Distressed couples who are stuck in conflicts and disconnection.
- Couples who are interested to learn about the Hold Me Tight Model from an Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Attachment perspective.
The Hold Me Tight Workshop typically sells out in advance so please do register early to guarantee space. Thank you!
The workshop fee includes:
- The Hold Me Tight book (which we will mail to you in advance so you can read it before the workshop).
- At the Hold Me Tight Workshop, you will each receive a Hold Me Tight Workshop Workbook full of helpful exercises.
- Engaging presentations, video demonstrations of other real life couples, and the opportunity for many private exercises and conversations with your partner.
- Michelle and Sam will be available to give you personal support and guidance as needed.
- Experienced Volunteer Therapists trained in the Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) model will be available to you to offer additional support.
- Coffee & tea will be provided. Lunch and snacks are on your own.
Continuing Education Credits (13.5) available for some health professionals.
What to expect:
The Hold Me Tight Workshop is designed around seven conversations based on the Hold Me Tight book, all of which have been shown to be essential to successful relationships. You will learn how to understand and improve your relationship by presentations by the workshop leaders, private exercises and conversations with your partner and by watching video demonstrations of other couples.
Although we encourage questions and comments, you do not need to speak in the group if you do not wish to. All of the dialogues with your partner will be done in private, as we always emphasize privacy and comfort. We welcome people of all backgrounds, ages, faiths and sexual orientations. We encourage you to seek therapy if you are in high relational distress.